Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Julie Arkell

Here's some eye candy from the incredible UK artist, Julie Arkell. She is represented at Twig and Earth Angels in the US- but isn't yet online herself. She did however create a beautiful book that shares her work and studio with us-some images seen below. Her book can be purchased here or on Amazon if they're out. I've been collecting these images from all over the internet-so I apologize if I have forgotten where I clipped the image-but just know all are copyrighted by Julie Arkell.

Image above from Embroidery Magazine Nov/Dec 2008



Dolly Badges available at Earth Angels

Watches available at Earth Angels

Pull Toys photo clipped from Treefall Design

Big Eared Animal- found at Twig

Homespun available at Twig

Photo of Julie with her work clipped from Earth Angels

The Artist's Book

Arkell's Studio as it appears in her book
above and below

7 comments:

Our Hands For Hope said...

Oh my great finds.....
I know that was hours of research on the computer. Thank you !
Terisa

Jen - Earth Angels said...

HI there Katie
thanskf or this wonderful post celebrating Julie. I rung her and told her and she is cheered! Mnay thanks for all the lovely eye candy... xxxooo Jen O'Connor Earth Angels

karen said...

I love your Julie Arkell post!
Kx

PeregrineBlue said...

i love this woman! there are so few originals in the world and she ranks up there with tasha tudor, pure and innocent like a child

Nimo said...

i really love her work and i would love to buy some of her art~!(^_^)

Jana Jopson said...

One of Julie's pieces on Earth Angels from years back now, struck such a deep place in my heart that I KNEW I had to start making things with my hands again ... something I'd loved since I was very little. I now have an image of that piece hanging from my mobile over my art table. I celebrate her every time I see it twirl past. I will always be grateful for that moment of discovery.

Anonymous said...

Great images and post - I'm currently teaching KS4 pupils about JA's work and your blog is an excellnt resource for researching her work. I'll add a link to this post on my blog soon if you don't mind?

Thanks

Gemma (EDiS)http://everydayimstitchin.blogspot.co.uk/